Dimension modifier | User guide
This functionality enables to modify dimension information in posted:
- General Ledger Entries
- Customer Ledger Entries
- Detailed Customer Ledger Entries
- Vendor Ledger Entries
- Detailed Vendor Ledger Entries
- Bank Ledger Entries
- Job Ledger Entries
- Fixed Assets Ledger Entries
- Analysis View Entries (only if Date Compression is specified to None on Analysis view card)
- Sales Invoice Header
How to Use
To use the functionality, no settings are required. Open Chart of Accounts or General Ledger Entries and find Dimension modification action button in Process menu section.
Clicking this button opens a page with General Ledger Entries listed. In addition, further fields are displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Dimension- code of the used dimension.
- Dimension value code- value of code of the used dimension.
- Dimension value name- name of the used dimension value.
- Dimension new value code – the field, where new dimension value code must be inserted. After the dimension code being changed, text in row appears in bold for indicating modifications.
- Dimension new value name – new dimension value name is displayed in this field automatically.
- Change- box is automatically checked in case of modifying dimensions.
- Used dimension values- displays active line’s dimension value codes. Multiple value codes are displayed in case of filter being applied.
There are two ways how user can modify dimensions (if necessary, repeatedly).
Change one entry dimension
To modify one entry dimension, the entry must be chosen by clicking and then dimension new value code should be inserted in the field named Dimension new value code. New dimension information applies after pressing the button Change one entry dimension in Change menu section.
Change multiple entries dimensions
To modify multiple entry dimension, this filter must be applied and then dimension new value code should be inserted in the field named Dimension new value code. New dimension information applies after pressing the button Change multiple entries dimensions in Change menu section.
Change log button can be found under the Log menu section. Log displays information about old and new dimension set ID, last modified time and user.
For more information, please contact: